Saturday, December 19, 2009

new guitar


Being a guitarist for the last 40 years and also being a "serious music" vocalist and director can be an interesting challenge. But every once in awhile I can find the bridges between the genres, and play around in the common ground of music for its own sake.

I've been on a "quest" to expand the capabilities of my outreach to orchestration, etc. with guitar. In fact, this process actually got me in the computer business for 17 years.

But now I may be on the brink of something with this new guitar, currently being custom built by Steve Benford in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This guitar is being developed as a semi-hollow body electric with acoustic and MIDI capabilities. In early 2010, I will attempt to put it through its paces on some new music, and would love your feedback!

This is the latest pic as it's being built.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know how these thoughts strike you.

Renew the Face of the Earth

Lord Send out Your Spirit In commemoration of the completion of the Year of St. Paul! Check out http://gnm.org/meditations/HolySpirit.htm for higher resolution versions!